{The List-} Cheats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master Zen

I did and you are still not answering my question: Give me one good reason why a cheat in MP should be included when all the game-balancing issues that you mention are and SHOULD be done instead from the start when editing a scenario? Again, give me ONE good reason why you would feel compelled to cheat to edit a MP game mid-way?
    Or if someone just has an incredibly unfair and sucky starting position.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Bump-bump!
      The deadline is approaching so I've updated the list. I'll create a poll later to finalize the opinions.
      cIV list: cheats
      Now watch this drive!

Comment

The MP map generator is designed to create fair starting positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          The MP map generator is designed to create fair starting positions.
          You know there is no guarantee.
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

If it's that bad, restart.

Comment

Thanks for the summary Matt
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                Thanks for the summary Matt
                I'll have it in the accepted format by the deadline.
                Now watch this drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Sore Loser
                  I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I'd like to see an Ironman mode as in SMAC where you're not "allowed" to reload.

[...]

The same line of thought can be applied to the discussion about the cheat menu. I'd like the option to turn the cheat menu off when setting up a game, so I won't feel the temptation to sneek peek at the locations so I can see where to found my cities. This should please everyone and is extremely easy to implement.
                  This is a very good idea. Much more effective then the super-mega-deity-emperor-of-gods difficulty level. The "reload" spell is way too powerful. It would be a great idea to have a checkbox that turned the reload option off and would make the game a lot more challenging to lot of people (yes, me included. I recognize it).
                  "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
                  "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

That's a good idea... I can't believe I forgot to add that .
                    Now watch this drive!

Comment

probably because of the controversy...
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Should we also include a list of all the cheat commands that we'd like?
                        Now watch this drive!

Comment

well, I'll admit, your summary is a bit sparse- but just a general overview of what type of cheating is necessary could be sufficient- such as new commands...

You could mention (all the cheats from Civ II and III) plus these new ones.

please list the new ideas... but you don't have to list every specific Civ II and III one if you don't want to.

-DC
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Originally posted by OliverFA

This is a very good idea. Much more effective then the super-mega-deity-emperor-of-gods difficulty level. The "reload" spell is way too powerful. It would be a great idea to have a checkbox that turned the reload option off and would make the game a lot more challenging to lot of people (yes, me included. I recognize it).
                            So like the ironman option in SMAC....

Comment

List of Proposed Cheats:
                              - Enable / Disable
                              - Switch between game / cheat mode (see Appearance of the Cheat Menu below)
                              - Open / Close / Save scen.
                              - Place:
                              --- Start loc.
                              --- Terrain
                              --- City
                              --- Unit
                              --- Improvement
                              --- Goody Hut
                              --- Barbarian camp
                              --- Resource / etc.
                              --- Location based trigger
                              - Edit:
                              --- Start gold
                              --- Current gold
                              --- Start year
                              --- Current year
                              --- Attitude
                              --- Status of relation (war, fixed alliances, etc.)
                              --- Current trades
                              --- Triggers / Scripts
                              --- Object positions (units, cities, overlays, etc.)

Appearance of the Cheat Menu:
                              Since the majority of contributors suggest that cheats be used primarily for scenario editing, I propose that what was the "cheat menu" in previous games become an in-game editor with a layout similar to the editor in Age of Empires or RON: the menu structure is transformed into in palette containing drag-and-drop units, terrain, etc. This or its appropriate translation (to make it fit into whatever cIV user interface) would be far superior than drop down menus or consoles featured in prevous Civ/other games.

Please add your own suggestions and cheats!
                              Last edited by MattH; August 13, 2004, 13:22.
                              Now watch this drive!

Comment

- Place:
                                --- Start loc.
                                --- Terrain
                                --- City
                                --- Improvement
                                --- Goody Hut
                                --- Barbarian camp
                                --- Resource / etc.
                                --- Location based trigger
                                Aren't we forgetting Unit?

Comment

Working...
                                X